Consistent with our longstanding tradition, Lexington Soccer Association is offering the opportunity for up to 4 Lexington High School seniors to earn a scholarship toward their college education. We are offering a total of $3,000 in scholarships awarded in values of $1,000 (2) and $500 (2). Applicants must submit completed applications with the necessary documents and letters of recommendation, and must meet prerequisites and criteria described below.
Scholarships are based on the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating Lexington High School senior to apply.
- Applicants must achieve a 2.5 GPA or above.
- Scholarship applications and required documents must be submitted no later than April 15.
You may email completed applications and transcripts to [email protected] or you may mail to
Lexington Soccer Association, PO Box 3005, Lexington, OH 44904
- Applicants must have been registered and participated in a Lexington Soccer Association youth program for at least 3 years and/or an active youth soccer referee for at least 3 years.
Checklist for scholarship application
- Complete the Lexington Soccer Association Scholarship Application
- Submit a copy of your most recent high school transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Not a requirement, but we ask that applicants provide a past photograph of themselves dressed in their LSA uniform (from league pictures or another photo you may have).
- This is something fun for our scholarship committee to have as part of their review, and we may share the picture on our website or Facebook page when announcing scholarship winners.
- By submitting a picture, applicants authorize LSA to use the image as described above.
What you need to know:
- Scholarship awards are for the upcoming academic year starting in the fall immediately after high school graduation.
- Scholarship grant dollars will be sent directly to the college after satisfactory completion of the fall semester.
- You must submit a copy of your fall semester college transcript to Lexington Soccer Association, showing that you passed all classes.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform Lexington Soccer Association of any change in school.
- If a student fails to remain in good academic standing with their college or they withdraw from the school after fall semester, any scholarship awarded will be forfeited.
- The scholarship is a single onetime payout and is not a recurring payment or award.
2022 Scholarship Award Winners
Evan Matney – $1,000
Emma Moeglin – $1,000
Garet Weaver – $500
Olivia Houseworth – $500
2021 Scholarship Award Winners
Teddy Togliatti – $1,000
Avery Coleman – $1,000
Ethan Hunter – $500
Marissa Marquardt – $500
2020 Scholarship Award Winners
Gavin George – $1,000
Leah Smith – $1,000
Kylee Hamilton – $500
Abby Eifrid – $500